Friday 23 March 2012

REVIEW: MAC Fix+


After eyeing up MAC's Fix+ for some time, I finally took the plunge and bough myself a bottle. Bought from Fenwicks for £12.50 for 100ml bottle (30ml is also available for £7 but I'm aware that this can only be purchased in free-standing MAC stores, i.e. not department stores), it came in a snazzy white MAC box, which re-assured me that Fix+ can be used as part of the 'Back 2 MAC' programme, which I was unsure of.

CLAIMS
"An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!" - MAC website

However, after lusting after this product for long and doing lots of research into what other people use it for, I know that it can be used on hair, powder products to use them wet to give different effects and also to help keep brush bristles in tact (this I am not 100% sure on). However, I do know that this is most definitely a multi-purpose product, which is why I was able to justify the price for something that just appeals as water.


PRODUCT
When I first got Fix+ I tried to use it to set my makeup with and to get rid of that 'cachey' look after applying my powdery products but I just found it made my makeup kind of run. I thought this was strange and stopped using it for a while and began to pop it in my bag and take to work with me. Midway throug the day I would use a couple of spritzes to 'wake me up' and I found it helped to keep me a bit more awake during a dull day at work and made my face appear brighter.

As for people claiming it is good to use with eyeshadows, I can't give my opinion on this as I haven't actually tried it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll be sure to let you know. Same goes for my makeup brushes.

Despite this bottle being a 100ml bottle I don't actually find it too bulky or heavy to carry around with me every day. I don't have a HUGE bag and I find it fits nicely inside it. So don't be put off by thinking that a 100ml bottle is going to be too big. At first, I did originally want the 30ml bottle but since Fenwicks didn't stock it, I had to settle for 100ml, but now I'm pretty glad. 



ATTAINABILITY
You can buy Fix+ from anywhere that sells MAC products; MAC's free standing stores, Debenhams, Fenwicks, House of Fraser etc etc and also online at maccosmetics.com

PRICE
As stated above, for 100ml Fix+ will cost you £12.50 and £7.00 for a 30ml bottle.
I think these prices are 'ok'. I wouldn't say they're excellent because £12.50 for a bottle of water with a few vitamins and what not in is rather ridiculous. However, taking into consideration that this product is by MAC and that MAC are a high-end company, and that Fix+ is one of their most popular products, I think this price is rather reasonable.

I do like MAC's Fix+ but whether I'll re-purchase or not, I'm currently unsure of.  I think I will have to try it out on other things such as using with eyeshadows and pigments to see if it's as good as people say, but other than that I think there are far cheaper alternatives that do similar things to this products. I.e. E.L.F's makeup mist and set.

Have you tried MAC's Fix+? What do you think of it? Do you think it's worth the money?



No comments:

Post a Comment