Sunday 16 February 2014

NOTD: Barry M gelly in 'Blue Grape' (349)


Since around August 2013 I've mainly had gels done so it's been quite a while since I properly wore normal nail polish.

However, for many months I've been eyeing up the 'gelly' range by Barry M. In particular, the shade 'Blue Grape' as I am a HUGE lover of all things cobalt blue (especially nails!).

The latest craze in nail polishes is to have the lasting qualities that you find in gel polish but within your normal, standard nail polish.

I'm a huge fan of Barry M anyway so I figured I'd give their 'gelly' polishes a go. I love my gels but they can get costly after a while.

I purchased mine for around £3.99 in Superdrug however you can find these pretty much anywhere that sells Barry M.

As I said, this is in the shade Blue Grape which is a sort of cobalt blue but a little bit darker.


Taken with flash, although a good colour representation
 
The above photo is of my nails with three coats of the Barry M gelly polish. The first coat seemed to be a little watery and didn't really coat the nail too well. Coat two was better however it definitely needed three! Three coats covered the nail well.

I applied this around 12 hours before taking this photo and I've had no chips yet. I even spilled some polish remover on them when tidying up the edges with a cotton bud and none of it came off. Which amazed me!

So far so good with this polish. I'll keep you updated on how it lasts though but I think I'm on a to a winner!


taken without flash



Beth xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment